Service for peace Nepal in Partnership with Neelakantha Municipality is seeking for qualified, energetic and result oriented professionals for the following positions under Nepal Dhading District WASH & Empowerment Project Dhading District.
- Position:- WASH Engineering (WASH) -1
- Salary: – Salary is according with office rules.
- Duration:- 6 Months.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator for the WASH Program. The PHE Assistant shall shoulder the overall responsibility of Technical Part of WASH program of Service for peace Nepal Working Areas.
The Public Health Engineering Assistant. Carries out tasks in accordance with the project document, the policies and systems of Service for Peace Nepal and donor agencies. She/ He shall follow the guidance of the WASH Program and closely work with programme team in necessary to fulfill the responsibilities.
- Demonstrates commitment to Service for Peace Nepal core values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, ethnicity and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Work prioritization, the ability to multitask and willingness to go the extra mile to support what the job demands is a must.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning to gender related activities.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING LINES :
- WASH Engineering make a reports on all issues related to personnel management, general management and overall project progress. However, she/he will also report and work according to responsibilities assigned by WASH section for progress. Specifically, WASH Engineering will.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION/ KEY RESPONSIBILITY :
- Responsible to carryout need assessment, preliminary survey, detail survey and design, estimate and BOQ preparation for water supply and sanitation program in community and school as per guidance of Project Coordinator.
- Layout of water sanitation and WSS structures as per design and drawings (Intake, RVT, CC, DC, BPT, Tap stands, pipe lines, and Hand washing station)
- Implement the water sanitation structures as per design and drawing in targeted communities, schools and health post.
- She/he has to maintain quality of work by regular supervision, monitoring, guiding to community technician, WUC, skill labor.
- She/he has to responsible for creating good working environment by close coordination with WUCs.
- Assist to PC for Preparation of detail implementation plan (DIP) of the Technical part of the WASH unit.
- the post has to liaise to maintain quality of work in each activities of WASH program.
- Implement the program on the basis of DIP in close coordination with PC, government local authority, community and stakeholders.
- Strengthen the capacity of School Management Committee, Water User committee, Community Technician, Social mobilize and parents in the field of construction, disaster preventive and sustainability of the construction.
- Technical assessment, prepare technical report, feedback to the construction community/WUC and follow up, prepare work completion report of the each project.
- Prepare monthly technical progress report, line agency, cluster member Supervise guide to CT, overall responsibility of WSS program at field as ensure quality , time frame and over all field management.
- Prepare weekly, monthly action plan of WASH activities and its implementation
- be ensure and check whether the project cost within estimated cost or not
- to ensure social audit at every installment of payment and final social audit
- Ensure for maintaining systematic billings, receipts and financial clarity and accountability by WUCs, by construction management committees.
- Preparation of technical valuation of the project (Measurement Book)
- Preparation of monthly technical report .
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional skills and qualification needed in the position
- Civil Engineering with 2 experience years of relevant experience in WASH sector.
- Experience of working in Humanitarian response programme will be preferable
- Tactfulness and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both in English and Nepali
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure and in remote/difficult circumstances.
Personal qualifications needed in the position
- committed to rights based and gender sensitive work, committed and with strong social mobilization skills and sanitation and hygiene knowledge
- Commitment to basic workplace values and policies
- Work according to the objectives of organization and donors
- Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment. Have high regards towards accountability
Note: Applicants should clearly mention the applied position in the email subject. All email application without clearly mentioned position will be disqualify. The entire applicant will be treated with high confidentiality.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV with a cover letter to email@example.com or drop your credentials in the below address by 3 PM, 21st May 2021.
- Office Address:
- Service For Peace Nepal
- Neelakantha Municipality-3, Dhading Bensi